Monday, June 04, 2007

Gum Removed Thanks!!!

Reading your great blog was so helpful to me. My 5-year old granddaughter Fiona is visiting me in Ireland. Her Mum is flying over from Canada to visit and take Fiona back to Canada. So... of course you can imagine the high excitement of Mum's expected arrival. And what did Fiona do? She managed to get bubble gum or just gum all squished into her bangs. ooooooooooooooh... my poor heart.

I was threshing around in an agony... thinking, oh! the bangs will have to be cut off, and what a sight her Mum will find on her arrival!

Then I found your blog.

I took your advice and applied a liberal amount of peanut butter to the effected area, extending out about a quarter of an inch, making sure to cover all of the gum space. Then I gently rubbed the area between my thumb and fingertips. The gum loosened its 'stickiness' and I slowly began pulling the gum from her hair.

We managed to remove the gum, not cutting any hair off.

And smiles were restored in time for Mum's arrival.

Thanks so much, now I want to order your DVD to give my daughter so she can cut all her kids hair.

Dorothy
In Ireland

Thanks Dorothy your DVD is on it's way!

As always if you have any questions please don't hesitate, just ask.
how2hair@gmail.com.